Distance learning is gaining prominence among students eager to upgrade themselves for better career prospects. Distance courses serves as an alternative for students looking out for further education without undergoing any form of conventional classroom learning. With the rising competitiveness in the market, more and more adults are taking interest in pursuing higher education. Considering the rise in interest for higher education via distance program, education providers are looking forward to offer new technologies in order to meet this demand.
Distance education courses, no doubt, offer much of freedom and flexibility. Most students enrolling for distance education courses are working full-time and are not in a situation to quit their jobs. They need a source of income to run their family’s expenses and quitting jobs mean inviting financial problems. Hence, in order to upgrade their educational qualifications along with a job, they prefer taking up distance learning courses.
Benefits of Distance Education Programs:
Distance learning has a number of benefits as compared to classroom learning, which include:
- The student gets an opportunity to learn at his own pace.
- Classroom learning allows you to listen to any class lesson only once. But with distance courses, the learner has the freedom to replay that portion of the audio or video tape or re-read a particular module which he/she is not clear about.
- In classroom learning, the time spent on a particular module depends on the teacher, which is not the case with distance learning. Here, student can decide the amount of time to be spent on any particular module.
- Distance programs offer students the flexibility to use time according to their requirements
- Another added benefit is that students have access to learning any where and at any time with no limitations and restrictions time and location of study. It gives students ample time to spend with their family and work.
- Above all, distance education saves the time and cost incurred in travelling.
Distance education is available for a wide spectrum of courses. Some of the IT based distance learning courses that have gained prominence over the years include BCA, MCA, PGDCA, MScIT, MComIS and so on.
BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)
Distance learning BCA course helps students to apply computer science principles to crack problems created by the interface connecting technology and business. Recently, the communication systems and IT sector have become a vital component in every company’s strategic plan. Hence to take advantage of the latest IT techniques and communication systems, firms look out for professionals well versed in this field. Distance learning BCA is an undergraduate program that exposes students to assorted computer applications thereby keeping pace with the latest developments in the industry.
Master of Computer Application [MCA]
MCA Distance Learning is specially designed to develop excellent managerial skills in computer professionals. This course offers special emphasis on study of various application-oriented subjects and cover diverse methods of developing software products without any errors and efficiently.