“Librarians as Mandated Reporters:
Little one Abuse, Dependent Adult Abuse, and Elder Abuse”
Aspect of the Library 2. Sequence with Dr. Steve Albrecht
This overview session is another in our “Assistance, Basic safety, and Protection” series for all library workers and library leaders to improved comprehend the authorized, ethical, and reporting needs when team witness, are informed by victims, or they suspect little one abuse, dependent grownup abuse, or elder abuse. A handout duplicate of the presentation slides will be accessible to all who participate.
This 60-minute schooling webinar is introduced by Library 2. and hosted by ALA author and library support, security, and protection pro, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
Concealed crimes can have general public victims. Even though child abuse, dependent grownup abuse, and elder abuse normally just take location guiding the scenes, library workers may well see examples of these crimes in their function ecosystem. Caregivers, parents, and perpetrators may perhaps interact with their victims in the library, meaning library staff members have the opportunity to assist initiate an investigative approach by social workers and law enforcement to protect these susceptible populations.
- Who is an elderly person in your condition? (It differs, at age 65 in a lot of and age 60 in some.)
- Who is a “dependent adult” in your state?
- What organizations, past Boy or girl Protecting Providers (CPS) and Adult Protective Services (APS) can support with suspected abuse cases?
- What is the major motive for elder abuse?
- What are the primary kinds of kid abuse?
- How to be a “professional witness” vs . intervening in an actual abuse circumstance.
- How can library personnel continue being protected whilst reporting abuse?
- How could possibly elder abuse or baby abuse perpetrators use our Online techniques to uncover victims?
- What is a “sweetheart scam” involving an aged victim?
Date: Thursday, August 11, 2022, at 2:00 pm US – Japanese Time
- $99/person – consists of any-time entry to the recording and the presentation slides and receiving a participation certificate. To arrange team reductions (see under), to submit a order order, or for any registration issues or questions, email [email protected]
- No cost for all those on particular person or team all-obtain passes (see under).
Click Here to pay out. You can shell out by credit history card, and will acquire an electronic mail inside of a working day with information on how to show up at the webinar dwell and then your long-lasting accessibility to the webinar recording. If you have any problems registering for a webinar, if you want to be invoiced or spend by look at, or if you have any queries, remember to email [email protected] Notice: please check out your spam folder if you never get your confirmation email ideal away.
Special Team RATES (electronic mail [email protected] to arrange):
- Many individual log-ins and entry from the identical organization paid collectively: $75 every for 3+ registrations, $65 just about every for 5+ registrations. Limitless and non-expiring obtain for these log-ins.
- The ability to demonstrate the webinar (reside or recorded) to a group located in the similar actual physical locale or in the exact virtual assembly from one log-in: $299.
- Massive-scale institutional entry for viewing with unique login capability: $499 (hosted either at Library 2. or in Specialized niche Academy). Unlimited and non-expiring accessibility for people log-ins.
- All-obtain yearly passes include things like endless access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s prior Library 2. webinars, as well as stay and recorded entry to his new webinars for a single 12 months. These are hosted either at Library 2. or Specialized niche Academy (if desired).
- For a $499 personal all-access once-a-year pass to all of Dr. Albrecht’s live webinars and recordings for 1 yr, be sure to click here.
- Inquiries for all-accessibility organizational contracts should really be directed to [email protected]
Since 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has skilled hundreds of library workers in 28+ states, live and on the web, in provider, security, safety, and supervision. His packages are rapid, entertaining, and give instruments that can be put to use promptly in the library workspace with all styles of patrons. In 2015, the ALA published his reserve, Library Safety: Far better Interaction, Safer Amenities. He is currently writing the sequel, The Protected Library: Holding Customers, Workers, and Collections Secure, for Rowman & Littlefield.
Steve retains a doctoral degree in Enterprise Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Safety Administration, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-qualified in HR, security administration, personnel coaching, and danger evaluation.
He has created 24 books on small business, stability, and leadership topics. He lives with six puppies, two cats, and 3 chickens. (Not all in the exact space, of study course.)
Preceding WEBINAR RECORDINGS Readily available: