“Ten Safety Myths That Each individual Librarian Requirements to Know Are Incorrect – and Precisely Why”
Aspect of the Library 2. “Crucial Librarian” Collection with Dr. Steve Albrecht
You should consider joining us for this webinar this Thursday, May 26th, or register to view the recording.
A 60-moment teaching webinar presented by Library 2. and hosted by ALA creator and library services, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
This overview session is one more in our “Essential Librarian Sequence,” for all library staff and library leaders to take into account sure safety cases as getting possibly not correct in their facility. A discussion guideline, as properly as the presentation slides, will be obtainable to all who take part.
Ten Library Stability Myths – generating sure we issue what we imagine we presently know. We are going to talk about these typically recognized (and generally rationalized myths) and why it is critical to know the reality of each and every.
- Cameras really don’t cease criminal offense.
- You just are unable to control noisy or disruptive teenagers.
- Girls aren’t violent.
- Patrons really don’t generally deliver guns or knives into the library.
- The police is not going to do an occasional walkthrough in the library.
- We do not will need to follow a Operate-Disguise-Struggle drill people will know what to do.
- You ought to by no means lock the library down from the inside.
- Burglar alarms will not quit burglaries.
- Hearth Marshals are dependable for our fire inspections.
- E book alarms don’t stop content thefts.
Day: Thursday, May possibly 26th, 2022, at 3:00 pm US – Jap Time
- $99/person – includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and to obtain a participation certificate. To arrange team savings (see below), to submit a purchase buy, or for any registration troubles or queries, email [email protected]
- Totally free for those on person or team all-accessibility passes (see beneath).
TO Sign-up: Click Below. You will very first want to be a member of Library 2. (free of charge) and be logged in. Remember to click “Indication Up” on the top rated suitable and we will approve you immediately. You can pay back by PayPal or credit history card, and will receive speedy and permanent accessibility to the webinar recording. If you have any hassle registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any inquiries, be sure to email [email protected] Be aware: you should check out your spam folder if you never get your affirmation e-mail right away.
Distinctive Team RATES (email [email protected] to arrange):
- Several particular person log-ins and accessibility from the similar group paid jointly: $75 each for 3+ registrations, $65 each for 5+ registrations.
- The skill to present the webinar (reside or recorded) to a team found in the exact actual physical location or in the exact same virtual conference from just one log-in: $299.
- Big-scale institutional access for viewing with personal login functionality: $499 (hosted possibly at Library 2. or in Niche Academy).
- All-obtain once-a-year passes incorporate obtain to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s former Library 2. webinars, additionally live and recorded access to his new webinars for 1 year. These are hosted both at Library 2. or Niche Academy (if most well-liked).
- For a $499 personal all-accessibility once-a-year move to all of Dr. Albrecht’s reside webinars and recordings for 1 12 months, make sure you simply click listed here.
- Inquiries for all-entry organizational contracts ought to be directed to [email protected]
Considering that 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has educated thousands of library staff members in 25+ states, stay and on the net, in service, safety, and security. His courses are speedy, entertaining, and deliver tools that can be place to use instantly in the library workspace with all forms of patrons. In 2015, the ALA released his e-book, Library Security: Better Conversation, Safer Services. He is at the moment crafting the sequel, The Protected Library: Retaining Employees and Patrons Safe in a Shifting Entire world.
Steve holds a doctoral degree in Business Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Stability Administration, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-qualified in HR, security administration, personnel coaching, and danger evaluation.
He has composed 24 textbooks on company, stability, and leadership subjects. He life with seven puppies, two cats, and 3 chickens.
We have also just posted a new blog site publish by Dr. Albrecht in our “Library Provider, Basic safety, & Safety” area of Library 2.: “Patrons Battling in the Library: What to Do and When?” Read the total site post listed here.