“Defending Yourselves and Your Patrons: Significant Classes for Library Leaders and Personnel from University Shootings”
Component of the Library 2. Series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
At the time again we are faced with a national tragedy that impacts the safety and boosts the fears of every person, with yet another mass capturing, this time at a Texas elementary school. It’s just far too difficult to deal with, specifically coming just immediately after one more mass capturing at a Buffalo, NY grocery retailer. There is no conclude in sight to these events, no matter of what our legislators do at the countrywide and condition amounts. The police response is a single alternative, but as we have found in Texas, it is not a excellent alternative.
For that reason, when it will come to our basic safety and stability at public-access structures, like our universities, suppliers, and our libraries, it is up to the workforce and their leaders to react, improvise, adapt, and do all they can to secure on their own and the men and women inside of.
There are precise classes to be discovered, by library leaders and staffers, from the Uvalde tragedy, that they can immediately apply to assist deny, deter, hold off, and end an armed attacker during the unusual likelihood of an lively shooter function. There are critical methods to just take right before an assault (glance for symptoms of data leakage by a opportunity attacker secure the facility with greater accessibility handle) in the course of an attack (Operate-Cover-Fight) and following an assault (initiate traumatic strain debriefings).
Dr. Steve Albrecht will communicate about all a few of these areas, and give an in-depth glance at what essentially takes put all through the structured debriefing process next a really traumatic function. The far more you know about that process, the improved you can assist you and your colleagues mend if it at any time occurs at your facility.
This 60-minute teaching webinar is offered by Library 2. and hosted by ALA creator and library assistance, basic safety, and protection professional, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2022, at 2:00 pm US – Eastern Time
- $99/person – involves any-time accessibility to the recording and the presentation slides and to acquire a participation certificate. To prepare team discount rates (see underneath), to post a invest in purchase, or for any registration issues or inquiries, email [email protected]
- Free of charge for these on personal or group all-access passes (see down below).
TO Sign up: Click Listed here. You will initial require to be a member of Library 2. (absolutely free) and be logged in. Please click “Indicator Up” on the top rated correct and we are going to approve you speedily. You can pay back by PayPal or credit history card, and will receive rapid and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any difficulties registering for a webinar, if you will need to be invoiced, or if you have any concerns, please email [email protected] Be aware: be sure to check out your spam folder if you really don’t receive your affirmation e-mail ideal away.
Exclusive Team RATES (e-mail [email protected] to set up):
- Numerous person log-ins and entry from the very same group paid out collectively: $75 every single for 3+ registrations, $65 just about every for 5+ registrations.
- The capacity to display the webinar (stay or recorded) to a team situated in the very same actual physical location or in the exact same virtual meeting from 1 log-in: $299.
- Big-scale institutional entry for viewing with particular person login functionality: $499 (hosted both at Library 2. or in Niche Academy).
- All-entry annual passes include accessibility to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s previous Library 2. webinars, moreover stay and recorded accessibility to his new webinars for one particular year. These are hosted possibly at Library 2. or Market Academy (if most well-liked).
- For a $499 unique all-accessibility annual pass to all of Dr. Albrecht’s reside webinars and recordings for 1 year, please click on right here.
- Inquiries for all-obtain organizational contracts ought to be directed to [email protected]
Because 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has educated 1000’s of library staff in 28+ states, dwell and on the net, in services, safety, protection, and supervision. His systems are fast, entertaining, and give equipment that can be place to use immediately in the library workspace with all sorts of patrons. In 2015, the ALA posted his e book, Library Stability: Far better Communication, Safer Facilities. He is at present producing the sequel, The Harmless Library: Preserving Consumers, Employees, and Collections Safe, for Rowman & Littlefield.
Steve retains a doctoral degree in Company Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Security Management, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-accredited in HR, protection management, personnel coaching, and danger evaluation.
He has published 24 textbooks on organization, safety, and leadership matters. He life with six dogs, two cats, and 3 chickens. (Not all in the exact space, of course.)